Why Competitive Swimming?
Competitive swimming is an exciting and rewarding sport – not only does it make you physically fit, you learn discipline, determination, motivation, respect and sportsmanship.
It helps develop strength of character and teaches you how to set goals as you hone and develop your strokes, simultaneously increasing your fitness and strength.
Competitive Swim Training With Us
At Advanced Aquatics our stellar cast of swim coaches are all former national or state champion swimmers who have decided to dedicate their time to coaching due to their passion for the sport.
Our Head Coach, Mr Wong Tuck Kar, comes with a wealth of experience; having previously been:
- National Swimmer,
- Florida High School swimmer of the year
- Head Coach – Terengganu State Swim Team
- Coach – Malaysian National Jr Swim Team
Meanwhile, our Assistant Head Coach, Ms Ooi Chiew Wei, is a former National Team member, multiple national medallists and previously represented the country in the SEA Games.
With an emphasis on using a scientific approach to training, our coaches closely monitor and correct our swimmer’s stroke techniques whilst maintaining a training intensity that will bring the best out of them.
We make sure the training is interesting, challenging and fun, so our swimmers keep coming back, even when it gets tough, and we maximize the results from the time that they spend in the pool by utilizing an optimum combination of High-Intensity Training (HIT), Ultra-Short Race-Pace Training (USRPT), Low-Intensity High Volume (LIHV) and other types of training, as well as a carefully planned dryland strength program.
It’s Not Just About the Winning — or the Physical
But there is more to gain from competitive swimming than winning races & getting that chiseled physique – it also prepares you mentally for the real world.
While coaching the swimmers to improve their times, we also take the opportunity to teach our students about life.
As swimmers learn how to deal with success and failure; how to overcome tough challenges; and how to take responsibility for their own actions, they learn that empowerment lies within.
A Personal Touch
All the coaches at Advanced Aquatics have benefited from competitive swimming throughout their lives and take pride in helping others have the same wonderful experience.
AT A GLANCE:
Anyone who wants to take their swimming to the next level, or wants a regimented and fun way to keep fit and push themselves to be the best that they can
- Improve on swimming techniques to swim faster further and stronger
- Work on individual goal sets, whether it is based around getting healthier and fitter or winning competitions
What can I expect from the program?
- To have improved fitness, strength and technique. To be able to swim faster and become mentally stronger.
- For those new to competitive swimming, we offer pre-competitive sessions:
Saturdays & Sundays 5.30-7.00pm .
- For those who have been swimming for a while or have trained before,our training sessions are:
7.00-9.00pm daily except on Saturdays,
*optional strength training sessions are also run twice weekly for the older swimmers.
- Maximum coac h:swimmer ratio of no more than 1:15
- We work with each swimmer, helping them decide on and set their own targets and goals; whether its more confidence, better health, winning the state championships or even qualifying for the nationals, we will support you.
- A plan of action will be set out through consultation with our coaches, designed to the specific goals of each individual – at Advanced Aquatics, its all about the swimmer.
For more information or details on how to join our Competitive Swim Programme, feel free to contact Coach Celine Chiew Wei via email at firstname.lastname@example.org